New Cure JM Video

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Treatment number 2 is over!!! I have been a little bear today. I slept most of the morning, but this afternoon has been a full one. We went to see Mavia and take a treatment. I was not ready or willing. I have little veins and was kind of dehydrated so they had a hard time hitting a vein. (Not to mention I was yelling at the top of my lungs to stop!) When they would get the needle set I would tense up by muscles and push it right back out. This was not helping matters. Finally, Miss Lynda, my doctors nurse, came to help Mavia and between mommy holding me, Lynda finding a good vein in my hand, and Mavia helping hold my arm steady we got I got to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks and Barney today during my treatment. Then, Dr. O'Neal came and saw me. She had some news about my muscle tests. She said that they were much better than expected. She couldn't believe how good the results were and we told her it was God! She said my heart was very strong and that my throat seemed to be OK. She also said that my levels from my muscles were much lower than expected. (Which is a good thing!) This meant that we caught it quick and the prednisone is working. We just have to keep working my muscles regularly to get back all of my strength. After watching me for a while after my treatment she said my muscle improvement and progress today was very good. She couldn't believe that I was getting around as good as I was. I told her it was because so many people were praying for me! She said that she would see me on January 26th if not before! Thank you for your prayers and support. Please just keep praying!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Kya. We are so glad you are doing good. It is so good when the doctors are happy with us! We are praying that you keep getting better real fast and that your rash goes away and that you can do roll-overs and all the stuff you like to do. So Alvin and the Chipmunks are still around! They have been singing a long time, as I remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kya! Great news that you are getting better! I missed you Sunday and can't wait until you can come back and we can read "The Foot Book" and you can twirl and dance for us. We will keep praying that you will get better really fast!! Hugs, Juana K

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just wanted you to know that we are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wonders of modern technology--all the way around! We'll be keeping track of you through and praying for you every day.

    Love, Bill & Brooke

    ReplyDelete