New Cure JM Video

Saturday, January 10, 2009

First Treatment

I took my first IV treatment at about 2:00 p.m. on Friday, January 9th, 2009. Mavia got my IV in without even hurting me. I got to sit and watch Shrek 2 while they did my steroid infusion. It took about 1 hour and that is a long time for a 2 year old to sit still with their arm immobilized. But, I did great! My mommy and I sat in a big cushy recliner, rocked, and watched my movie. They had to monitor my heart and blood pressure while they were doing it. I am not very fond of blood pressure cuffs, but I will get use to them. It was all over before I knew it. When it was we got to go home!!! YEAH!!! We had been at this hospital for 6 hours straight and I was ready to go see my Trish!!! We headed to Elk City to pick up my new set of meds from Gina. I learned that I am going to get to watch a lot of movies, because I am going to have to do this every week for a while. So far we have set up our appointments into April. Please continue to pray for me that I will handle all of the medications without any problems and that I wil get better quicker than expected. I am going to miss seeing everyone regularly, but until I get off of all the strong medicines and my body quits fighting itself I will have to stay away from everyone for a while. Love you and thank you for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment