New Cure JM Video

Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Day with Daddy

Before I type any further let me first warn you that this is Kya's dad and he is not as "experienced" in blogging as Mom and Grandma Trish. However since Kya spent most of the day with Dad and Mom is not feeling well, Dad gets the chance to blog. Today Kya has had a good day. She woke up a little weak but after a trip to Elk City with mom this morning she began to pick up some steam. Since mom had some work to do at the bank,her and I went to Butler from Elk City. Since the weather was so pretty we took advantage of it. Thankfully, mom had covered us with sun block so we got to spend some time outside. Most of the time was in the shade but it still felt good. We went to grandads farm and saw all the horses. Kya even stood up in the pickup and reached out the window to pet one of my favorite mares named Sue. After visiting the farm we went to see my grandparents (Kya's great grandparents Arthur and Wina Vee Carpenter) They were having lunch at home and we visited with them while they had their lunch. Kya played hard at their house and Grandad Art (that's what we call him) was so impressed he decided she needed a Pepsi to refresh her. Of course, Pepsi is Kya's favorite kind of soda so that was a big hit. Then Grandma kept sharing her chips and she enjoyed that very much. After spending about two hours with them, we decided to head back to Leedey. We did a few mores chores and then Kya helped me with some yard work. She was a great helper and her movement was much better. She climbed up and down on our front porch bench and in our yard we have a little statue of a boy sitting on the bench with a glove and ball with a puppy by his side. Kya sat there and talked to that little boy and she even bent down and stood up to feed him and his puppy some mulch and grass. I was so happy to see her bend down and then get up on her own. She didn't do it real fast but at least she did it. She also told me that the little boy was an angel. In fact, today she has told me she was talking to her angel at 3 different times. Once at Elk City, once at Grandad Art's and then at home. Know one has ever heard Kya talk about or to her angels until today. I told her to just keep visiting with her angel. I was blessed by watching her. Then after we worked in the yard we went to Grandma Trish house. As of right now, she is still going. She is very tired but throughtout the day she has been a great trooper. She hasn't been cranky or irritable. I am really proud of her attitude and I thank God that he gave her a good day today. Please keep praying and I want you to pray for Kalee since she is feeling ill. Thanks for reading and bearing with my blogging inexperience. God Bless You!!

3 comments:

  1. What a great day for Kya! Wonderful to hear that she enjoyed the beautiful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kya, I am so glad you got to be outside yesterday. Fresh air and being around farm animals makes anyone feel better....pepsi and chips help too. Love you and miss you. Johnnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Carol Hall and I am from Haworth OK and my sister Belinda Edler is from Elk City. She told me about Kya a few weeks ago and I just found her website. I just want you to know that the Lord is alive and well. Remember when you get good news, the devil will try and attack, at that point be sure to case him away, and cling to your faith. My daughter is jaque Hall (www.jaqueshomeplate.blogspot.com) please visit her site and know that the Lord will not leave you. Know that he is in control, and know that you are never alone among believers that have experienced the miracles that God can bring in your life. My daughter is now 18, but still my baby. May your daily battles be lifted by knowing that we are praying for you, your husband, your support family and friends, and most importantly - we are praying for Kya. God Bless and remember my jaque's scripture, "For God will restore health unto you and heal the of thy wounds, so saith the Lord." Jer 30:17.

    ReplyDelete