New Cure JM Video

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day With Grandma Denny

Kya has had a good day today. She spent the day with Grandma Denny at home. She said that they played games and that she took a good nap! Then after school Grandma Trish picked her up and she played in the sand under the shade trees. Her strength seems pretty good today! We went to the playground this evening and she climbed around on some of the toys. She even did the slide several times with a little assistance. I can definitely tell that she is getting stronger, but she still has a long way to go. The wind was blowing (Imagine that!) so we didn't stay outside very long. Right now she is watching Cinderella and getting ready for a bath.
I just want to remind everyone about the Cure JM Fundraiser that the Red Carpet Community Theatre is putting on in Kya's behalf. It is Friday, March 27th at 7:30 p.m. They will preform "1000 Cranes" and have a benefit auction. It is by donation only. Everyone is welcome to attend! We received a very pretty Bear Paw Patch quilt made by Sue Carpenter, (no relation) from California whose daughter also has JDM, to use at the fundraiser auction. Please help us make this fundraiser a success! If you cannot attend but want to donate you can call Lake at (580) 303-0090. You can send in a donation made out to Cure JM Foundation with Kya's name in the memo line to:
Kya Carpenter
PO Box 72
Leedey, OK 73654
or you can make a secure donation online at http://www.curejm.com/team/donations.htm. At the bottom of the form where it says "Donation in honor of" just type Kya Carpenter in the blank.
Thank you again for your many prayers! Please remember to pray for us on Friday as Kya has another IV Infusion. God Bless you all and Thank You!
Kalee

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kya, I am so glad you are gaining more strength. It was good to see you Sunday night after church and also at Kaysa's soccer practice on Monday. You were running very good at Mr. Danielson's. I am proud of you. I will say more prayers for you, Love, Johnnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carpenter Family,
    Hi, this is Jennifer (Basler) Little. I was just informed by Joel's wife about Kya's journey. I have yet to be able to read all of the posts, but I'm working on it. I just wanted to say hello and that Chad and I are thinking about you all. I, myself, was recently (within the last 18 months) diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and I know all about the struggles that she is facing.. and all the steroids, methotrexlate, etc. I will be keeping up with the blog and praying for Kya (and the family too).
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete