New Cure JM Video

Monday, September 28, 2009

A Week Without Steroids!

Kya is holding pretty steady right now. She had a busy weekend and is pretty wore out. But, as far as strength and rash I think she is doing pretty good. I don't see any signs of weakening, but I also don't see any signs of her getting any stronger. Except the fact that she has been without steroids for a week now!!!
Of course in the last week we have traveled 954 miles home from Chicago, got a new puppy, Kaysa pulled a tooth, stayed with Grandma Trish, went to dance, stayed with Grandma Denny, went to soccer, Stayed with Greta and Kenneddee, had cousins camp at the river place with my Graybill cousins, stayed the night with Kaden and Kaysa at Grandma Trish's, and celebrated Lake's 10th Anniversary as the music minister at the church. Nothing like packing a few things into a week. I told mom Saturday night about 6:30 that I was so tired and couldn't figure out why. She just looked at me and laughed. Then she reminded me that we had been to Chicago and back in the last week. We had been so busy since we had been home that I had totally forgotten.
Cousin's Camp was lots of fun! The kids enjoyed fishing, playing games, and getting dirty. The adults enjoyed sitting in the shade, enjoying the cool breeze, and remembering when. Each kid made a stepping stone again this year with their hand prints, name, and year. I told mom that in a few years their will be enough to make a neat patio out of them.
Yesterday, the church honored Lake for his 10 years of being the music minister there. They presented him with a personalized hymnal that many people had signed their favorite songs or left notes in. Then, last night they had a cake and ice cream fellowship for him and presented him with some cards and gifts. It was a very special day and we love our church family so much! They have been a huge support to us and there are many prayer warriors for Kya in our church family. Thank you so much for all you have done for our family and we look forward to the next 10 years!
Mom and LaDenta thank you for helping us take on Bubbles and getting her house broke. Keeping Kya is one thing, but keeping Bubbles is going the extra mile! We thank you so much, hopefully with Bubbles we can keep Kya strong and healthy through this winter.
Dad thank you for being there for me when I need sound logical advice. I know that I may not always listen, but I always hear you and remember what you say. I love you very much and I try to be as logical as you are. (although the whole house dog thing is hard to fit in my logic category!)
L.D. thank you for being you. You are the silent strength. Just a hug when you walk up says it all. I know that you have more than you can even think about on your plate and you still walk up with a smile and a hug! Thank you! I wish I had the strength to be that strong everyday. Thank you for making the attempts to drive all the way to Elk City to watch Kaysa play soccer just to be called back home. I know that you are going above and beyond the call of duty for everyone! Thank you for being the mortar that holds it all together! We pray for you daily.
Jimmy, thank you for everything. I can't express in words how much you have helped us. You have given us the opportunities to give Kya the best care possible. Whatever we or she has needed you have been there to provide or help us get. You told us there wasn't any place to far and I appreciate you helping us keep an open mind. You have always stayed so positive and checked on us no matter where we were or what we were doing. That means so much to know that you care. You also gave me the opportunity and experience I needed to prepare me for this even before we ever knew Kya was sick and I appreciate that. We never know why we are doing all that we do, but God does and later it all just falls into place. (Thank you for keeping me from moving to Arkansas!) Thank you for always being there for me my whole life and believing in me! I promise I will be there to take care of you.
Once again I just want to say Thank you to everyone around the world. Thank you for the prayers, the cards, the support, and most importantly the faith! Kya is going to beat this disease. We know it, God knows it, and we are going to prove it! She is doing well, holding strong and I know that she is wrapped in prayer. Thank you again for everything!
Kalee

2 comments:

  1. Wow a week off steroids and Kya is still holding strong! WONDERFUL! Yes she is going to beat this disease, I am too.... I like how you said God knows it, and we are going to prove it! You have a great outlook :0) I am still praying for your family!
    Now that I have figured out Bubbles is a dog.... I am glad she/he is doing great.... Ha! Ha!
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine what it must feel like to not have her on any steroids. Not to worry, we are one step behind you. You walk across that bridge first, let us know if there are any loose boards. Metaphorically speaking of course.

    ReplyDelete