New Cure JM Video

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

GREAT REPORT!!

We saw Dr. Pachman yesterday and she gave us a really good report! She thought Kya was doing wonderful. The physical therapist actually put remarkable down for some of her muscle strength test results! Everyone was just so amazed that Kya was going as strong as she was and that she could do all that she was doing. Especially since we have tapered her off of the steroids. Now, we will see what her blood results look like. If they are all still normal she won't have to take anymore yucky methotrexate shots!!!! Then, we will hold and continue to take the medicines we are taking until we go back in December. If she is still doing well then she will start tapering her Cellcept.
We are so excited about the wonderful progress that Kya is making and we know that her prayer warriors are out there fighting for her! Thank you so much to those of you who have prayed for Kya. Her rapid response and improvement is pretty much a modern day miracle. There is no explanation for it besides prayer and God putting us in the right hands at the right time.
Also, Kya now has a new physical and emotional therapist in her medical team. Her name is Bubbles and she made the trip home with us from Chicago. She is a shichon who loves to spend time with Kya. She will help Kya with her therapy this winter when it is yucky outside and when she has to stay indoors so much from the sun. We will see how good she works, if nothing else she has provided about 830 miles of laughter and entertainment.
Bubbles was an absolute surprise to Kaysa and all she could do was hug her and go back and forth between her daddy and I saying "Thank you so much!" (She has been really wanting a house dog! Thanks alot Tobey!) She was so excited that I don't think she has hardly put the dog
down. She is all pumped up about it, but we will see how long that lasts!
I am not sure about the whole dog thing. I told Lake that I just got Kya potty trained and I don't really want to start over. However, if this is what will help Kya then I will give it a try.
Lake is the one who was all ready to get the puppy, but after last night he was wandering why! He thought that she needed to go to the bathroom so everytime we stopped we tried to take her when I took Kya, but all stops were unsuccessful. Oh by the way, did I tell you it was pouring rain. Then, last night she yelped for a long time in the crate when we were trying to go to bed. But, I must say she hasn't had any accidents yet.
Please continue to pray for Kya and her great improvements! Also, please pray for our whole family and the new therapist. Thank you again for all of the continued prayers and support that you have provided us!
Kalee
P.S. Yes I did know that yesterday was not the actual day of my dad's birthday. However, I wanted to tell him Happy Birthday and I didn't know if I would be where I could use my computer today! So, Happy Birthday Again Dad!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh that is great news about Kya... We will keep praying for ya... I laughed out loud when I was first reading about her new physical and emotional therapist... It didn't don on me that it wasn't a person and I was wondering who would have the name bubbles ha! ha! I am such a dork... I am glad she has a new puppy.... Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I too at first thought Dr. Pachman had a new person named Bubbles. Hmmmm that's strange. woof woof :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! What great news! I am so glad that she is doing so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have followed the blog ever since Lake told us about it. We have been praying for Kya and your family. God has certainly been faithful to take care of her and give such blessings with her progress. We are very thankful to the Lord and are continuing to pray for her and the progress she will experience. Love and God bless, Danny and Gail Nightingale

    ReplyDelete