New Cure JM Video

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pink Cheeks and Icy Roads

Today is an all to familiar day. It reminds me of last December when this all started. Kya's cheeks have a pink tint to them. Kind of like a wind burn or chapped looking, but I know that is not what it is now. Last winter I was fooled, but this winter I am fully aware of the situation. However, I can't figure it out. Her levels are all normal, her muscle strength seems strong, and she seems to be in a good mood. She walks around singing Christmas songs and redecorating the tree if you aren't paying attention! She has fallen down some lately, but I think if she would slow down and quit running everywhere that wouldn't happen.
So where am I going with this? I don't know. I am just venting. I am so frustrated right now. She has been doing so good with no rash and strong muscles that this is very confusing to me. If her labs wouldn't have came back so good I wouldn't be as confused, but they were great. The best she has ever had! What is up with this? I don't know, but I know that God does so I am officially staying out of it and I know that God will take care of her!
As far as the icy roads part of the title goes. It is very slick outside this morning! I mean they shut down I-40 from Amarillo to Hinton, but we still drove to work. (Doesn't make much sense, but sometimes we don't always think things through.) We made it in one piece, it just took us a while! This reminds me so much of last winter and the ice storm. We were the only crazy people out in OKC taking Kya back and forth to the hospital. We stayed there for 5 days getting steroid pulses and having her port put in. (Not that we could have went home anyway.) It was crazy!
Hopefully it will thaw out by this evening. Right now it is really foggy, 27 degrees here at work, and continues to freeze. (It was 23 at home.) I really enjoy my office job on days like this. I feel sorry for the people who are working outside in this weather!
Thank you again for all of the prayers. It means so much to our family. Please continue to pray for Kya and healing in her body. Pray that the pesky pink cheeks will go away and that we will have some comfort and peace during this season! Also, please pray for Lake and I this Sunday as his adult choir and my children's choir present two musicals at church. Again, thank you for all the support and prayers!
Kalee

2 comments:

  1. Stay strong girly! I have the adult version of DM and with my experience over the last year 1/2 sometimes my labs would show normal and my rash would flare a little and then go away! Sooo lets pray that it just goes away! It is great news her labs are sooo good! OMG on the ice on the roads.... yikes I don't like driving on ice at ALL! Anywho good luck on your plays at church and in my letter to Santa this year I'll see if he can sprinkle a little magic dust on all of us with DM sooo that we will all be well! Pray to god too.... :0)
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking of Kya on my run yesterday and how her one year is coming up. I hate that kind of pink cheeks. Gary just did it the night before last. He lit up like a Christmas light bulb. He was itchy too. It pulges you into the unknown. Is this it? Is this a start over, back to square one? Is this just a little flare? Uggghhhh. I can so relate. It is very cold here in Seattle as well. Keep warm. : )

    ReplyDelete