New Cure JM Video

Monday, August 24, 2009

Just a Little Update

I don't even know how to start this blog. Kya's strength is staying pretty strong. She has been running, playing, wrestling, and just being a normal kid. But, she still has her nasty cold/sinus infection. She is still on antibiotics which means she is not on her cellcept or methotrexate. Her cheeks kind of look a little light pink rashy, but not bad. She has developed a yucky really loose sounding cough, but I think it is just from drainage. If you were to be around her you would think nothing was wrong at all unless you heard her cough or saw her runny nose! So, I really don't know how to say she is doing besides she is holding her own.
This weekend the girls and I stayed at home and did nothing on Saturday. It was so nice! Lake went to Clovis, NM to pick up his horse. Saturday night Brandon came up to see us and Grandma Trish and Grandad Frank came over for supper and to play Wii! Then Sunday Aunt Twylia and Aunt Sheila came to Great Grandma Reta's house and we went out there until nap time. Sunday night we had Summerfest (church singing and ice cream social) in the park and we had fun playing with all of the kids and the music was great!
This morning we were pretty tired, but we all got up and started another great week! Lake and I were talking last night about how happy we were to see Kya running and playing like she did last night. You just realize the little things are what count and you pay close attention to them. I do want to say "Thank You!" to Taylor and Abby Welty who played with and chased Kya around all night you were so much help to us!
Once again a special "Thank You!" to all of our prayer warriors. Please continue to pray for healing in Kya's body and with all of our allergies! We appreciate everything that each of you do for us! Thank You Brandon for all of your help with the girls and with the sound system. You all mean very much to us and we appreciate everything!
FYI: Kaysa and Lake will be singing in Vici this Saturday Night at the Great Western Opry. It will be a fun night of entertainment if you want to come out and enjoy a great band and some wonderful country music!
Kalee

1 comment:

  1. Hi... I am new to your blog... I also have Dermatamyositis, Lupus, and RA. My good friend's little girl has JRA and showed me your blog. I am glad to here Kya is doing well. I will keep her in our prayers... How old is she??? She is on the same meds as I am. Do you go to John Hopkins Myositis Clinic??? It is a great place to get this stuff in sometime of remission... If ya look at my blog I have alot of helpful blogs about this rare disease.
    Summer

    ReplyDelete