New Cure JM Video

Monday, June 8, 2009

Where do I start?

I don't even know how to start this blog. Kya is doing amazing! She had her first dance recital Saturday night. She did 3 routines in a recital that lasted 3 and a half hours long and ran across the stage at the end to give Cinderella a hug and get her trophy at 10:30 p.m.! She never fell down once during the recital and no accidents. (she fell a couple of times during rehearsal the night before) She danced like she was no different than any other little girl on the stage. She was so proud of herself and her trophy! It was definitely a tearful moment for us after all she has been through in the last 6 months.
She was pretty tired yesterday after such a big Friday and Saturday night. Today she is staying with Grandma Trish and I am sure that she will get caught back up on her rest. She is ready to show Kaysa and Grandma Trish her Chicago home next week. I just pray that everything continues to improve and that she has a great check up! Kya loves Dr. ONeill and Dr. Pachman and I think that they are doing a great job together. People who see Kya who know about the disease just can't believe how much better she looks and how strong she is getting. Those who don't know anything is wrong can't tell it! We even had to use blush at the dance recital because there is no pink left in her cheeks.
To those of you who are our prayer warriors thank you very much! Juana Kay and Leroy thank you for each and every card that you send to both girls, they love them! We will be praying for you guys also. To the Martha SS Class at Cheyenne, Kya looks forward to your cards and she keeps all of them! Thank you so much. To everyone else who has sent a card they are in our tub full of hope! To everyone who has said a prayer thank you very much! It is your prayers that are making her stronger and stronger. To everyone who doesn't believe in prayer you need to just take a look at my daughter and listen to her story! To my Sunday School Class, I know I haven't been there in a while, but thank you for keeping me updated on everything that is happening! I miss being there and hopefully that can change soon.
To my family I can't thank everyone enough. LaDenta thank you so much for giving up your time to come to Leedey and keep the girls everytime I call. I can't imagine what I would have done without you the last few months! Mom, you are the absolute greatest. You are my strength and courage when I have none left. You have taught me so much and been there through everything. I couldn't ask for a better best friend in the world! Thank you for keeping the girls and being Kya's port in the storm! Dad I love you so much. You have taught me to be strong my whole life and take care of business. You have always encouraged me to get things done on my own, but to always remember that you are there if I need anything. That has helped me so much through this battle. Jimmy you are the best uncle, boss, friend, and supporter I could ask for. You have made it possible for me to give Kya the best medical care possible. Without you I don't even want to try to imagine where we would be with her right now. You have helped us think and figure what would be best for everyone involved and made that possible! When I thought something was out of reach you showed me how to stretch or climb to get it.
Lake, I can't even start. It has definitely been a journey! You have been there every step of the way. (Sometimes even getting stepped on) Thank you for putting up with all of the steroid fits (from both of us), the restless sleepless nights (from both of us), the indecisiveness (from both of us), and everything else that you have put up with. You are the best Chauffer we could have ever found! I can't imagine going through this alone and I haven't had to. You are a great friend, minister, grandson, son, brother, daddy, and husband! You have had to deal with everything at one time and have handled it with ease. You inspire me each day! To think that last year at this time we were on a cruise with no worries my how your world can change! I am so glad that I have you to share this journey with!
Please pray for a little boy named Gary Bradford. He turned 2 in March and was Diagnosed in May with JDM also. His story is a lot like Kya's and his family is dealing with the same things we are. Thank you again for your prayers and support! God bless each of you.
Kalee

2 comments:

  1. Lake and Kalee,

    I am so happy for you that things are going so well. Your family is in our thoughts and our prayers. We just know that Kya is going to do great and get to full remission!

    Sending hugs and prayers!!!
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaahhhh TEARS! Thank you. Sending prayers back your way.

    ReplyDelete