New Cure JM Video

Monday, January 4, 2010

Taper away!

Today we start the Cellcept taper! It is a bittersweet day. It scares me to be changing yet another med, but I am so excited to be descending down this mountain of medicine and treatments. Kya has been off of her plaquenil for 2 weeks now and seems to be doing good and doesn't show any signs of change. So today we are decreasing her cellcept dose by 0.1 ml per dose. I know it isn't much, but it is a start and in this game every change is big!
Please pray for continued healing in her body during this taper process and that she continues to improve while decreasing her meds. Also, please pray for Lake and I that we have the peace we need through this process. I know that I will be watching for every little sign of a flare reoccuring and that is stressful. We don't want it to happen, but if it does we definitely want to catch it at the beginning!
Again thank you for all of the prayers and support! We are looking forward to a year of progress and improvements. Please help us continue to support CureJM and help us find a cure for this disease! Thank you again for eveything!
Kalee

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the taper! I am sooo happy she is going into the Remission process! That is great news her little body is handling the changes well and I pray that she handles this taper just as well!
    I understand all to well the bittersweet part of tapering....
    Good Luck to you and as always your family is in my prayers :0)
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siiighhhhhsss. Tapering. Ok it's going to be great! Go little blondie!

    ReplyDelete